We provide NHS eye examinations to all who have this entitlement and where appropriate provide help towards the cost of spectacles.
The NHS examination is free of charge but we must have evidence of the reason for entitlement.
The following groups are entitled to a free sight test:
- Aged under 16
- Aged 16, 17 or 18 and in full time education
- Aged 40 or over and the parent, brother, sister or child of a person with Glaucoma
- Aged 60 or over
- You or your partner have a HC2 certificate
- Suffering from Glaucoma
- Registered blind or partially sighted
You are also entitled to help towards any spectacles you require if you are in receipt of the following:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance – Income Based Only
- Pension Credit (Guaranteed)
- Tax Credit (previously Disabled Person’s Tax Credit) with Valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- Working Tax credit
For those people who are deemed to be housebound, whether in their own home or nursing home, we will do a home visit.
The Optician will come to you and carry out the sight test and if necessary help you choose new spectacles from a range they will bring with them. When they have been prepared they will deliver them to you and fit them correctly.
For those aged 60 and over the cost of the visit and the sight test, is covered by the National Health Service.
For further information please telephone your local practice, or click the link below.